A new firmware update for the Xbox One controller will allow users to connect the controller to the console in ~2 seconds, Major Nelson has announced.
The firmware update, which is currently available to those on the Xbox Preview Program, will also contain a number of stability improvements.
Posting on his blog, Major Nelson said that users can update their controller firmware by carrying out the following steps:
- Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
- Connect to Xbox Live.
- Press theMenu
- Go toSettings>Devices & accessories. Select the controller.
- If you have multiple controllers attached, you can selectBuzz– which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.
- Then selectUpdateto download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show theUpdating controller …progress screen.
- When you see theController updatedscreen, press ‘B’ to go back to theDevices & accessoriesmain page.
- Reselect the controller, theFirmware version, should now be: 1.2.2236.0.
The firmware update will be rolled out to all Xbox One users in the near future.