We’ve really been spoiled over the last few weeks on Xbox Live Arcade, what with Worms, Castlevania, Alien Hominid and Jetpac. So it was only a matter of time before we are brought down from the clouds with this week’s release of LUXOR 2.
LUXOR 2 will be available to download from Xbox Live Arcade at the usual time of Wednesday 9am GMT and will set you back 800 MS Points. Read on to find out what exactly LUXOR 2 is or you can just skip all that and view our screenshots over in our media area for the game.
In the second installment of the No. 1 casual game of 2005, “LUXOR 2” from MumboJumbo, players travel through 88 exquisitely detailed and explosive levels shooting and destroying the magical balls that threaten the pyramids at the end of their paths. Players can earn up to 15 exciting power-ups, play through four distinct levels of difficulty, challenge themselves to a total of 13 bonus rounds and work their way up through the new 100-level player ranking system. Also, unique to the Xbox LIVE Arcade version is a new arcade-style mode of play called the Pharaoh’s Challenge. …
• 88 explosive levels with 13 new bonus rounds
• 4 levels of difficulty, including the mind-bending Challenge of Horus
• 4 modes of play: Adventure, Practice, Survival and Pharaoh’s Challenge
• 15 power-ups including the new Lightning Storm and Pharaoh’s Dagger
• Player ranking system with 100 levels from Farm Hand to Pharaoh of the Two Lands
• Pharaoh’s Challenge: A fast-paced arcade-style version of the game, where the user employs the Pharaoh’s Dagger exclusively to eliminate the approaching spheres
• Earn up to 12 Achievements and 200 Gamerscore points
One to miss this week? Let us know your feedback on LUXOR 2 in our comments area below.
Anthony is the designer, developer and owner of Console Monster. In his spare time, Anthony is a keen gamer who enjoys playing mostly First-Person Shooters and Racing games. When he is not developing games or tweaking this site, Anthony likes to be on the slopes snowboarding or hurtling down off-road tracks on his mountain bike.