Today sees the release of a true classic medieval strategy game on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Carcassonne promises to bring you one of the greatest board games to your tele-box. Test your strategic mettle by shrewd placements of your tiles to complete and claim towns, roads, and farms, and to defy your opponents’ efforts to do the same.
Further details below:
Named after the medieval fortified town of Carcassonne in southern France, famed for its city walls, Carcassonne for Xbox LIVE Arcade starts with an empty landscape and a single square tile. Using strategic tactics and a little luck, one to four players take turns selecting from 72 tiles displaying various features of a city including roads, the walls of a castle or fields. The medieval countryside thrives as players and their opponents place tiles and complete towns, roads, and farms while competing to accumulate the most points.
The rules of the game are easy with fast game play and no elimination – perfect for just about anyone! Although simple, devoted players will find layers of strategy that will keep them coming back for more. Combining a fresh visual experience and the opportunity to always have a playing partner, Carcassonne is the future for board game fanatics.
Carcassonne from Sierra Online is the Xbox LIVE Arcade edition of the hit multiplayer tile-based German board game of the same name, designed by Klaus-Jurgen. Shortly after its release in Germany in 2000, the board game won Spiel des Jahres in 2001, the European equivalent of a Game of the Year Award.
- Special AI settings to challenge any skill level
- Challenge your friends – Up to five players can play over Xbox LIVE or up to four players can play on the same Xbox 360
- Interact with new and old friends alike over Xbox LIVE while you play Carcassonne with the Xbox LIVE Vision camera
- Helpful step-by-step tutorial to teach you the game in minutes
- Skill-based matchmaking for ranked games
- The complete Carcassonne includes 72 tiles and all rule sets
- Carcassonne includes the “Rivers II” expansion set – 12 additional tiles
- Earn up to 200 Gamerscore and 12 Achievements
- 800 MS Points
Will you be picking this up today or giving it a miss? Let us know your impression on the full or trial game below.
Anthony is the designer, developer and owner of Console Monster. In his spare time, Anthony is a keen gamer who enjoys playing mostly First-Person Shooters and Racing games. When he is not developing games or tweaking this site, Anthony likes to be on the slopes snowboarding or hurtling down off-road tracks on his mountain bike.