Details of the Xbox One’s July update have been unveiled.
Posting on Xbox.com, Larry Hryb (better known as Xbox Live’s Major Nelson) reiterated the fact that Microsoft are focused on gamers and thanked them for shaping Xbox “into what it is today”.
The post also contained a shortlist of features we can expect to see from the upcoming Xbox One system update. This included:
- Snap Mode for Achievements. As we showed at our E3 Green Carpet event before the show, we’re offering an easier way to track and view your achievements in the moment. With Achievement Snap, you can track your achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also ‘Get Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with. Xbox will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV.
- Double-tap to Snap. Double-tap the button on your controller to bring up Snap Centre, where you can launch Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your game. Already have an app snapped? Double-tap quickly switches between your game and the snapped app.
- Choice of Spoken Language. Folks in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria, with this update in July, will be able to select voice control using the English or German voice models from other countries. And if you’re an expat in an English-speaking country, you, too, can choose any of the other English language models that fit you.
- Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs. We’re doing some work now so that publishers will have options for great digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future. As we test this feature, we’ll be seeing more flexible combinations of game titles and game content.
- ‘Like’ Game DVR clips. We’re adding the ability to ‘Like’ all your favourite Game DVR clips as well as activity feed items in SmartGlass.
The update is expected to be rolled out to all Xbox One users in a couple of weeks.