Sierra Entertainment have today announced that World In Conflict will be making its way to Xbox 360 owners this Fall. The game is being developed by Sierra’s – Swordfish Studio’s (Jonah Lomu Rugby) and Massive Entertainment (Ground Control).
World In Conflict will really demonstrate and capitalize on next-generation hardware showing off completely destructible cover, stunning graphics and the ultimate gameplay experience.
Senior Vice President – Al Simone, Global Marketing at Sierra Entertainment commented;
“World in Conflict is the natural fit for Xbox 360, as it effectively blurs the lines between strategy, action and first-person shooter, making controlling units and issuing orders quick and easy on the console controller. With the game coming to Xbox 360, next-generation console gamers will be able to enjoy the next-generation of strategy games. Fans of action games and strategy fanatics alike will find that World in Conflict’s unique gameplay and advanced multiplayer combat will provide a fresh game experience not yet available on consoles.”
World In Conflict Features:
- Super-Powered Warfare: Unleash the arsenals of the great military superpowers in the gripping single-player story created by Larry Bond
- Bleeding-Edge Graphics – The latest version of Massive’s proprietary Masstech engine allows for a full 360° range of camera control and features advanced lighting and physics effects
- Complete Destructibility – As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price -every object in the game will crumble under the force of war, including cars, buildings and forests
- Deep Multiplayer Modes: World in Conflict will support up to 16 players for head-to-head and team-based battles in Domination, Assault and Tug-of-War gameplay styles
- Real World Units: Players will take control of the most devastating arsenal of military weaponry ever created, including Soviet, American and NATO tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters as well as nuclear weapons
- Player Roles – Players will choose to play as Infantry, Armor, Support Forces, or Aerial specialists; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness
It 1989 and the Soviet Union is in ruins, making one last desperate stand they advance in to Europe. NATO and American forces clash and it’s down to your skills as a Field Commander to retake vital locations and well..save the world.