If you’re an EU PSN member then check out our other post about Sony Europe’s offerings, however if you have a US PSN account then read on to find out what to expect in Sony’s Welcome Back pack for its US PSN subscribers. Just like the EU Welcome Back pack, our cousins overseas manage to bag a selection of first-party published titles, which isn’t bad if you have yet to pick any of these
older titles up while helping Sony save a few coins in the process. US subscribers also get that little extra due to its additional services over its EU offerings.
All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.
- Dead Nation
- Super Stardust HD
- Wipeout HD + Fury
For PSP owners, you will be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- ModNation Racers
- Pursuit Force
- Killzone Liberation
Additional Welcome Back pack items:
- A selection of “On Us” rental movie titles will be available to PlayStation Network customers over one weekend, where Video Service is available. Those titles will be announced soon.
- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PlayStation Plus subscribers.
- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription.
- Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an additional 30 days of free premium subscription.
- Additional 30 days + time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscription free of charge for existing Premium/Basic members.
- To welcome users Home, PlayStation Home will be offering 100 free virtual items. Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.
So that is the nitty-gritty of it all. However there are a few caveats to take home…
- As soon as the store is back online users will have up to 30 days to download their chosen content from the PlayStation Store.
- New PSN subscribers that signed up after 20th April 2011 will not be eligible for these Welcome Back Pack offers.
- Your 30 days free access to PS Plus service is only available to the countries they are available in. Access to PS Plus content planned for May will only be available and access to those free titles and exclusive features will end on the 30-day subscription period. “Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever,” says Sony.
So not all bad if you have yet to grab any of the above titles, plus if you are not a member already you also get to try out Sony’s PS Plus service for a month. Let us know what 2 games you will be downloading as well as your thoughts on this Welcome Back Pack in the comments below.