For all you gamers currently complaining to Microsoft, wondering where the update is you may be in for a shock. Eurogamer has revealed that the latest update should start to appear on the 360 console from 10am (UK Time) onwards today.
So basically from when this article is posted some of you will only have to wait 20 minutes or so to get your grubby little mitts on the latest update.
’Spring Update’ Features:
- Windows Live Messenger (WLM).
- You will now be able to add up to 600 WLM contacts to your Xbox Live Friends List (currently text only).
- You can now chat with up to six friends whilst playing a game or watching a video.
- Your WLM friends will be able to see if you’re playing a game and your gamertag. You will be able to see your friends status.
- Live Marketplace changes.
- The Xbox Live Marketplace will now have its own dedicated blade.
- The Live Marketplace’s theme will be independent of your custom dash theme. The Marketplace theme will also change dependant on season, events etc.
- When the “Achievement Unlocked” pop-up appears, you’ll now see what achievement you unlocked as well as the amount of gamerscore you just recieved.
- If you have Auto-Shutdown enabled, your console will automatically switch off after 6 hours, or after all queued downloads have finished.
- There’s now a low power downloading feature which turns off all the fans and leaves the console to finish downloading.
- You can also now view partially downloaded videos. This will obviously come in handy to Video Marketplace users as you will be able to view the beginning of a video, whilst the end finishes downloading.
Keep an eye on MajorNelson.com for official confirmation, but it seems the wait may soon be over.
Originally Written By: Lee Matthews