Halo Wars is on its Third update forEnsemble Studios’massive online Command & Conquer beater. This update includes Balanced Changes and a few annoying Bug Fixes. So whatcha waiting for? Get moving trooper!
- UNSC Warthogs Gauss cannon damage against tanks and other heavily armored vehicles reduced by 25%
- UNSC Warthogs build time increased by 3 seconds to 25 seconds
- Anders research time bonus decreased to 25% from 50%. Her Research cost bonus remains unchanged at 50%
- Covenant and UNSC turrets have 5% increased health and 5% increased damage
- UNSC Elephants have a 20% more health
- Grenade damage type now has 25% additonal damage against Warthogs and other medium armor ground vehicles.
- Recycle basic cost return fixed to be 50% for constructed buildings.
- Locked down bases when unlocked will now release units inside very quickly, which means that when under attack a player can now build a fighting force while locked down and then release them much more quickly than before
- UNSC Leader powers disabled at the start of Reinforcement Matches
- Players no longer receive points for team killing.
- Self Destructing/Recycling buildings now gives points to opponents
- Players should now find it much easier to play System Link games
- Fixed Covenant Shield Generator Exploit
- Invisible Units should now have invisible health bars
- Players will no longer be able to scout opposing bases by using the area-select tool
If you’ve yet to purchase Halo Wars there has never been a better time. So, get in your Warthog and get down to your local Game Retailer. Or, even better stay in, order online and read David’s review.
“Being based on the popular first-person shooter and coming from the developer of Age of Empires, Halo Wars was always going to be a hit, though the conversion of an FPS to an RTS is an interesting and inquisitive choice. Rather than being a sequel to Halo 3, Halo Wars acts as a prologue to the series and is set in 2531, 20 years before Halo: Combat Evolved, therefore there is no sign of Spartan 117, also known as Master Chief.”
Let us know if you’ll be purchasing this title or downlading the update by leaving your comments below!