With only three more Arcade Wednesdays remaining in August, there is still no sign of Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe’s August release, will it be a Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe & Sensible World of Soccer release on the 29th August? We can only hope, but first there is this week to get excited about, so what is up this coming Wednesday on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Hexic 2 and Ecco the Dolphin will be this week’s releases, read on for further details and prices.
Building on the success of Hexic HD, Hexic 2 brings all-new pieces to the board and a new multiplayer mode, so you can compete with friends in your living room or over Xbox LIVE.
The basic gameplay is straightforward, familiar, and addictive—just spin a trio of hexes to create a group of three or more matching colors, or build a formation of hexes to create more advanced pieces. Whether you want a relaxing puzzle break or a frantic race against the clock, Hexic 2 has you covered!
- Acclaimed developer: Hexic 2 is another challenging puzzle hit from Alexey Pajitnov, the original creator of Tetris.
- New challenges: All-new special pieces, different formations, and modes keep Hexic 2 challenging even for the veteran Hexic player.
- Multiplayer competition: Amp up the gaming excitement playing multiplayer on the same console or over Xbox LIVE (up to two players) in Battle Mode.
- Easy to learn: The gameplay is straightforward, approachable, and highly addictive.
- Stunning visuals: The game is rendered in full 3-D with stunning special effects such as reflections, glow, and spectacular highlights.
- 800 MS Points
Ecco the Dolphin
Gamers can also travel through time this Wednesday with “Ecco the Dolphin” (SEGA), a fun, whimsical update of the classic undersea exploration game featuring an online leaderboard that tracks “Best Time,” and includes enhanced graphics and sound.
- 400 MS Points
We’ll flood our Media area with screens in due course. In the meantime let us know if you will be picking up any of these two titles this Wednesday.
Anthony is the designer, developer and owner of Console Monster. In his spare time, Anthony is a keen gamer who enjoys playing mostly First-Person Shooters and Racing games. When he is not developing games or tweaking this site, Anthony likes to be on the slopes snowboarding or hurtling down off-road tracks on his mountain bike.