News has flown out of the inter tubes of this week’s upcoming Xbox LIVE Arcade title. This week sees the release of Asteroids & Asteroids Deluxe. Details follow and hit our media area for a whole ton of screenshots on the game.
Two of the all-time classic arcade games come to Xbox LIVE Arcade in Asteroids & Asteroids Deluxe, a combo of intense action where players must save earth from a deadly bombardment of asteroids. The full historic game is available in its original form, along with a completely re-stylized version featuring evolved graphics.
- The original Asteroids: Released in 1979 by Atari, the simple black and white game was a masterpiece of vector graphics game design, and had millions of arcadegoers entranced by its simple mechanic of controlling a spaceship firing at and destroying asteroids.
- The release of Asteroids Deluxe: The sequel to the original, released in 1980, Asteroids Deluxe featured the same classic gameplay but added a new shield feature and dangerous satellite enemies. Play both the original and its sequel in all of its classic old-school style.
- Next-gen evolution: But now, both games have evolved. Support is provided for both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios, including HDTV. Full-screen anti-aliasing and Dolby Digital surround sound complete the gaming experience.
- Throttle Monkey mode: Both game versions come with a high-speed version known as Throttle Monkey. Can you survive?
- Achievements and leaderboards: Twelve new achievements for you to earn, and new leaderboards to conquer. Show your friends who is the master at Asteroids & Asteroids Deluxe.
- Cost 400 MS Points
This Wednesday there will also be new downloadable content for Bomberman LIVE. For more details head on over to Xbox.com.
Anthony is the designer, developer and owner of Console Monster. In his spare time, Anthony is a keen gamer who enjoys playing mostly First-Person Shooters and Racing games. When he is not developing games or tweaking this site, Anthony likes to be on the slopes snowboarding or hurtling down off-road tracks on his mountain bike.
Share this article
By clicking on the buttons above and buying an item from Amazon, you will help support us by giving us affiliate commission. It will not cost you extra, but it will go a long way in allowing us doing what we do best here. Thank you!