Gastronaut Studios, creators of the hit Xbox LIVE Arcade game Small Arms, announced today that their latest title Gel: Set & Match will be coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade next Wednesday, May 20th. The game will be available for purchase at 800 Microsoft Points.
“Gel” is the spiritual successor to the studio’s debut title “Fuzzee Fever” which was available for the original Xbox, and was the first original IP created specifically as a downloadable console title. Players control a cute-yet-alien creature who matches colored blocks to solve unique puzzles, clear a road of gel blocks, or compete in multiplayer battles.
“Gel” lets friends play together wherever they are located with a number of both online, via Xbox LIVE, and offline modes. Action Mode and Puzzle Mode are both playable with 1-2 players online or local multiplayer and Battle Mode is for 2-4 players online or local.
– All new side-scrolling Action Mode.
– Over 100 single player puzzles
– 25 co-op specific puzzles
– 3 unique multiplayer battle modes
– Extensive character customization
– Special “seasonal costumes” only available at certain times of the year
– Fantastically realized 3D environments
“Gel: Set & Match” is rated “E” (Everyone) by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) for Animated Blood and Comic Mischief.
We hope to have more info, media and a review on the game near its release next week.