Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Spongebob Squarepants and from next Wednesday he’ll be living on the XBOX Live Arcade! SpongeBob SquarePants Underpants Slam! will be available to download from the XBOX Live Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points as of Boxing Day (26th December 2007).
SpongeBob SquarePants Underpants Slam! is a fast-paced, side-scrolling multiplayer slapstick collect ’em-up, set deep in the ocean. An incredibly powerful storm current has disrupted a Royal Laundry shipment of the undergarments of Neptune, Lord of the Sea, and has spread his unmentionables across the bottom of the ocean. Neptune now calls upon all the commonfish to collect his lost undergarments, and fix this “delicate” situation. He’s offered a bounteous reward to the sea creature who collects the most bloomers!
• All the popular characters: Play as all your favorite characters from the animated series, including SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, Eugene Krabs, Sandy Cheeks, and Sheldon Plankton.
• Visit familiar environs: Search the kitchens of the Krusty Krab, visit the Flying Dutchman’s ship, and explore the depths of the all-new Armoury of Atlantis for rare pairs of pants.
• Wild arcade action: It’s every sea creature for him or herself! Use your character’s slapstick moves to knock down and slow your opponents, and gain special powers from pickups that allow you to move at super speed, hit twice as hard, or even steal pants from other players!
• Single player modes: Take on the tricky Time Attack Mode where beating the clock means everything, or engage in the full Quest Mode, where you must collect 99 pairs of Neptune’s underpants to win the game.
• Multiplayer game modes: Play Tag Mode, and avoid being “it” at Bikini Bottom. Play with a friend offline or take it online to Xbox LIVE® Arcade with up to four players.
Will you be slamming your Microsoft Points in order to buy this game or keeping this “pants” game in the bottom of the drawer? Leave a comment with your opinion!
Also, previous title Sensible World of Soccer is now available to download (with no problems) after a bug in the game.