2006 has passed by and at CES, Microsoft shares a couple of interesting numbers about our favorite console. As you’ve already read, the 10 million mark has been reached and passed with 400.000 units. John Porcaro over at Gamerscore Blog lists the achievements unlocked by Microsoft during last year and it’s some pretty interesting facts to say the least… including some of the following:
- With more than 5 million members, Xbox Live is well on its way to our stated goal of 6 million Xbox Live members by June 2007.
- Over 100 million pieces of standard and high definition content have been downloaded from Xbox Live Marketplace.
- Gears of War has sold more than 2.7 million copies after only 8 weeks on the market and won numerous Game of the Year awards.
- Every day there are 2 million messages (text/voice/picture) sent across the Xbox Live network.
- We’re bringing the Xbox Live community to Windows this summer, enabling tens of millions more to join the fun and delivering on the promise made by Bill Gates at last year’s E3.
These are numbers by the millions as you can see and these are the kind of numbers that just impress people. Microsoft set goals… and reached them. Kudos!
Originally Written By: Sebastian Nordlund