Microsoft is set to launch a second preview program. The program, titled: Summer 2009 Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program, is set to allow participants access to the summer update, recently detailed by Engadget.
To sign up to the program, wanna-be entrants need to visit Microsoft Connect where they can fill out a survey. Graeme Boyd, better known as AceyBongos, said on his blog, that the questions within the survey will ask “about where you live, your home network, ISP connection and a few other pieces of information.”
Microsoft has released a couple of points to read before signing up:
• We’re looking for multiple thousands of participants, so your chances of making it in are good.
• This opportunity is open to all Xbox LIVE Members in regions where Xbox LIVE is available.
• Just completing the survey does not automatically get you access to the Preview Program. We’ll be making final selections from the completed surveys.
• Xbox LIVE Gold and Silver members can sign up. Priority will be given to Gold members in the selection process.
• If you are accepted, you’ll hear from us in about a week. Make sure your information on Connect is updated so we can email you. Good luck!
• We have the registration process translated into English, Spain and French. Please only register once in your chosen language – you will NOT increase your chances of being selected for the Preview Program by trying to sign up in multiple languages. You’ll just waste your time.
Users who have been accepted into the Preview Program will be contacted by email by July 31, 2009. The first preview program was launched late October/early November last year, which granted participants early access to the New Xbox Experience.
If you plan on signing up to the preview program, leave us a comment with your thoughts. We’ll have more details on the program, as we get them.