We’ve plucked six new screenshots off the internet media tree for the one of the most anticipated titles to hit the Xbox 360 this year – Mass Effect. These graphics just show more of the gorgeous visuals that can be found within the game, featuring fully detailed real-time rendered characters and bustling interactive environments. With Bioware’s accalimed storytelling matched with these visuals, Mass Effect is surely coming together to be one hell of a game!
For those you may have been living under an asteriod for the past few years, and have yet to discover what Mass Effect has to offer, then read on below for some facts on the game:
Mass Effect is a science-fiction action and role-playing game (RPG) created by BioWare, the commercially and critically acclaimed RPG developer of Jade Empire and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Mass Effect will deliver an immersive, story-driven gameplay experience with stunning visual fidelity. Published by Microsoft Game Studios, Mass Effect is an exclusive title for the Xbox 360 video game system.
As the first humans on the galactic stage, players must uncover the greatest threat to civilization. Their job is complicated by the fact that no one will believe the truth, but the world must be convinced of the grave threat at hand.
Players will travel across an expansive universe to piece the mystery together. As they discover and explore the uncharted edges of the galaxy, they come closer to an overwhelming truth — learning that the placid and serene universe they know is about to come to a violent end and that they may be the only people who can stop it!
* Incredible science-fiction RPG with a rich, engaging story line. On a distant planet an amazing discovery is made. Players must determine the fate of humanity as they lead an elite tactical strike force in an effort to stop an entity so malevolent that it threatens to tear apart the very fiber of galactic civilization. Mass Effect will take players to new depths for an action-RPG, where, unlike in most RPGs, they will be faced with morally complex decisions that have significant impact on the fate of all life in the galaxy. Players must succeed in their quest — no matter what the cost.
* Exploring uncharted worlds and uncovering a mystery that defies imagination. In addition to the main story arc of the game, players will be able to visit a large number of uncharted, unexplored planets that are side quests independent from the main story. At any time during the campaign, a player can choose to explore one of these planets and have an opportunity to discover new alien life, resources, ruined civilizations and powerful technologies.
* Real-time, squad-based combat. Mass Effect features a real-time, squad-based tactical combat system. Players will enjoy intense, challenging and exciting third-person action and squad-based combat. Players and their squad-mates will be able to engage the enemy with ranged weapons and covering fire, biotic powers and science-based magic, and technological powers — all of which will be accompanied by amazing visual and physics effects that will add tremendous excitement and drama to the battlefield. Whether they use powerful biotic powers or the latest in military hardware, players will be well-equipped to take on whatever comes their way
* Credible digital actors. Mass Effect will feature a huge cast of incredibly realistic nonplayer characters, enemies and party members. Each of the characters encountered will have realistic facial and body movements. A revolutionary advanced dialogue and AI system gives them engaging personalities, creating individuals so realistic they will seem like the first true “digital actors” ever seen in a video game. The resulting experience is one in which players will feel as if they are part of a rich, living world.
* Character customization and deep role-playing systems. Players will be able to choose from and customize a variety of stunning, photo-realistic character appearances at the start of the game, and can increase various statistics that will affect their performance during gameplay. The reward system in “Mass Effect” is deep, well-integrated and extremely engaging. New equipment, weapons and armor that are acquired during the course of the story will change the appearance of the characters. “Mass Effect” will give players a huge breadth of additional customization options for their characters, weapons and vehicles. Talents and abilities will be upgradeable, and advanced talent options will become available at higher levels. Weapons and vehicles will be customizable to include various effects, abilities and upgrades. Each character class will have unique talents and abilities that will increase in power as players progress through the game.
* Next-generation gaming defined. Mass Effect takes full advantage of the hardware of Xbox 360, providing players with exciting new experiences, including photo-realistic, high-definition graphics on an epic scale, and amazingly realistic characters who bring the world alive. Players will be immersed in a massive universe of unbelievable scale, meet characters who feel real and, most important, interact with them in ways that have never been possible before. As the future of gaming goes online, premium downloadable content and recognition of achievements will be available via the Xbox Live® online game service.
So grab a towel to mop up the drool while you head on over to our media section and feast your eyes on the latest screenshots. Let us know if you are looking forward to the game in our comments below.
Anthony is the designer, developer and owner of Console Monster. In his spare time, Anthony is a keen gamer who enjoys playing mostly First-Person Shooters and Racing games. When he is not developing games or tweaking this site, Anthony likes to be on the slopes snowboarding or hurtling down off-road tracks on his mountain bike.