A brand-new title is on its way to Microsoft’s Xbox Live Arcade service entitled – Undertow.
An aquatic alien race secretly launches a devastating attack on Earth which melts the polar ice caps. Water covers the planet.
Humanity is all but wiped out by this onslaught, but some of the remaining humans band together to take the planet back from the brink of chaos. Using existing technology, the Iron Marines take to the seas as they struggle to survive in this wet new world.
For over one hundred years, Captain Nemo and his followers have been living peacefully and quietly at the bottom of the ocean, sharing an uneasy truce with the highest officials in the British and American governments. In their secret utopia the Nemoidians have isolated themselves from the world and lived in peace – until now. Nemo is enraged at the disturbance to his oceans.
As the ice caps melted, the ancient city of Atlantis began to thaw. Trapped by the last ice age, this mighty civilization disappeared at the height of its power. Now free, the Atlantians will stop at nothing to reclaim the planet they once owned.
Having escaped from their cruel overlords, the fanatic Elect put their hope in the Ark – a massive city-sized space craft that could deliver their dying race to a new world. The fuel supply of the Ark had been nearly depleted when the aliens finally discovered Earth, a planet perfect for transformation into a new, oceanic home for the aliens…
- Relentless high-speed combat with simple and intuitive controls
- Incredible next-gen graphics with a vibrant underwater visual style
- First to feature 16 player multiplayer battles and 2 player co-op with Team Conquest and Deathmatch modes
- 3 different playable races, each with 4 unique upgradeable units
- 15 level single player / co-op campaign with maps ranging from Atlantis to frozen arctic labyrinths to the steam powered cities of Captain Nemo
- 200 achievement points for completing various objectives
- Planned expansions will offer new playable races, units, single and multiplayer maps, gamer picks, and additional achievement points.
- One of the first XBLA titles to utilize the UE3 Engine, Undertow will raise the graphical bar to usher in the next-generation of Live Arcade.
- First game on XBLA to offer 16 player multiplayer!
- Unique multiplayer design and premium downloadable content encourages community development.
- Original concept stands out from the ports and classic arcade game releases currently available.
- All this and more in under 50mb!
We’ve also added twelve new screenshots which can be viewed HERE, HERE and well HERE. Let us know your thoughts by leaving your comments below.