When you boot up MAG on your PlayStation 3 tomorrow you will be greeted with an update which is as big as the game, massive. The update features new gameplay, weapon corrections, a graphics update as well as correcting some technical issues.
- Overhauled tuning of multiple weapons of all types (see “Weapon” section below)
- Improved speed of weapon and gear swapping by approximately 500 milliseconds.
- Fixed bug in SVER’s Aralkum Mechanical Acquisition map and Absheron Refinery Domination map that allowed players to defuse a charge planted on a repaired gate or door.
- Added a “solid tone” sound effect near the end of a charge’s beeping detonation timer so that players know when the charge can no longer be defused and that they should vacate the area.
- “Medium Improved” Armor now works as intended with the speed properties of Medium Armor and a defensive value greater than Medium, but less than Heavy Armor.
- Changed resuscitated player’s camera orientation to match the last camera direction used while incapacitated instead of the pre-harm camera.
- Players no longer lose XP if a teammate is killed by an objective explosion caused by a charge they planted.
- Respec Point requirements in Barracks have been changed from 3K, 5K, 10K, 17K, 26K, and 26K-Repeat to 1K, 2K, 3K, and 3K-Repeat.
- Lowered the amount of damage necessary to kill an incapacitated enemy
- All fired projectiles (RPGs, Turret Rockets) have been given a steadier aim.
- Mines that haven’t been triggered are no longer removed from the map when the dead player that deploys them respawns unless that player changes their Loadout (note: The maximum number of mines you can plant cannot exceed the number you initially spawn with).
- Fixed bug that prevented “fully-resuscitated” players with more than 100 health points from receiving their full HP.
- Fixed bug that caused players to take unnecessary damage from both friendly and enemy vehicles when touching them.
- Players no longer lose leadership points after entering “Veteran Mode.”
- “From the hip” firing for Light and Medium machine guns have stronger recoil and are less accurate when moving.
- Tuned weapon damage for all three factions.
- Modified all short-ranged weapons (pistols, PDWs, shotguns, SMGs) so that they’re less effective at long distances.
- Made Battle Rifles more effective.
- Reduced accuracy bonus for using iron sights and reflex sights so that players can no longer snipe with weapons that aren’t intended to do so.
- Increased damage values for all rockets to make them more effective (ex: three rockets can now destroy a DE turret).
- Shooting through thin materials (fences, tents, etc.) will be more consistent.
- Increased spread on shotguns.
- Improved animations for rocket launchers.
- Fixed bug that caused the recoil animation to end early or stop animating if a player was firing their weapon for a long period of time.
- Changed detonation time on smoke and poison gas grenades to prevent them from exploding in mid-air to eliminate unintended FX issues.
- Added realistic fogging effects to sky-domes.
- Fixed most conditions that caused players to be caught in a “respawn loop” which kept restarting the respawn queue when the countdown clock reached 0.
- Changed in-game conditions to make it less likely to experience in-game freezes.
- Improved client-side stability.
We rated the game a healthy 78% in which you can read our review here. Have the MAG guys missed anything in the above update? Share your thoughts below!