Remember Destruction Derby on the PlayStation? The fun you would have just smashing up countless vehicles as you race around the track. Then there was the bowl arenas themselves where the last driver with its engine just barely ticking over would be announced the winner (which you could quite easily do by just driving backwards!). Wouldn’t it be great to have just that and be able to play multiplayer over Live?
We’ll we hope our dreams will come true with Carnage, a Massively multi-player destruction derby game fromCambridge, UK based developers
Nice Tech. Behold the destructive press release…
Carnage is an adrenaline fuelled driving and combat frenzy, a new global sport. The world’s best combat drivers showcase their battle skills in vast arenas to earn fame and fortune by going the extra mile.
Can you match their expertise? Can you control the power at your feet, the weapons at your fingertips and survive the onslaught to beat the rest?
To be the best requires skill, courage and an acute survival instinct. You have your chance, your ride and now it’s up to you…
– Hugely multiplayer vehicle combat
– Large interactive game arenas
– Real-time dynamics and collision systems
– “Death match” orientated gameplay
– Individual or cooperative game modes
– Managed tournament system
– Customisable vehicles, armour, components & weapons
– Persistent player statistics & global ranking reward system
– Support for hundreds of thousands of players
– Simple, addictive “dip-in-dip-out” gameplay for all levels
We really hope this doesn’t turn into another dog like all the other Destruction Derby games in the past, that in my mind, has not beaten the simple and classic Destruction Derby game by Psygnosis & Reflections back in 1995.We will show you screenshots and more on this title as soon as we get them.