Over on the official Sony PlayStation blog, Sony Santa Monica Studios announced that they will be finishing off GoW Ascension multiplayer DLC as their final farewell before moving on to other projects, such as The Order: 1886.
“As of today, we will not be producing any more DLC content (maps, weapons, armors, marks) for God of War: Ascension Multiplayer, as our primary team resources start to transition to other projects here at Sony Santa Monica. However — this is not the end of support for God of War: Ascension Multiplayer.” Below is what will be appearing in the upcoming update:
- Upcoming Balance Update– our Designers have plowed through mountains of gameplay feedback and are currently working on balance improvements that will tune-up all the Allegiances. We are aiming for this balance update to release later this month. Rest assured, things like the Ares Olympus Armor -20 (PR) is being heavily diagnosed.
- Dedicated Online Support– we will be monitoring online 24/7 and any new major balance exploits discovered in the weeks or months ahead, we will assess for fixing.
- PSN Digital Release in October– This month, we’ll be releasing the digital download version of God of War: Ascension to the masses that have yet to experience the beginning of Kratos’ journey and our Ascension Multiplayer. The digital version will be released on October 15 for North America, with other regions to follow soon after. Make sure to check www.godofwar.com for updates on the digital release in your region.
- All DLC items will receive special pricing options upon digital version release in their region (NA pricing options released on October 22, 2013).
- The God of War: Ascension Soundtrack will be made available as a free download for all on PSN for a limited time only.
- Double XP Weekend returns October 18 to October 21 worldwide.
We will no doubt see more from this franchise in the future, no doubt on PlayStation 4 and Vita, however from another developer. Is that a good or a bad thing? Let us know in the comments.