GearBox Software details Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode for Borderlands 2
Among the level cap increase and various other changescoming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013is a new playthrough — Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode — built for challenging high-level play.
Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode differs quite a bit from Normal Mode and True Vault Hunter Mode — here’s a quick rundown of the major changes:
Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
- No more tutorial missions — characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the “Cleaning Up the Berg” mission.
- While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player’s current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
- Gameplay changes in UVHM:
- Enemy health generally increased 4x.
- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
- Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
- Loot Midgets are now “Legendary Loot Midgets” that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.
Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character,arrives in Maywith the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June!