Today DICE posted a list of changes and improvements that will be made to final version of Battlefield 3due to the feedback from the beta. With more surely to come, it’s nice to see DICE actually using player’s feedback to improve the final product.
Here is a list of current changes planned for the final release of the game:
- Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
- Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
- Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
- Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
- Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
- A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
- Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
- Tweaked the Rank progression.
- Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
- Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
- Framerate stability fixes.
- The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility.Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
- Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
- Non-working options in squad menu fixed: “Private” flag and “Switch Teams”.
Along with the change list, DICE has also released a new video, ‘Welcome to the Open Beta‘. Something of an introduction for players, the video highlights and describes what you can expect to see in the open beta.
Battlefield 3 is set to release October 25thin the US andOctober 28th inEurope.