Unless you have been living under a tightly woven rug over the past week you will already know that Prince of Persia Classic is on its merry way to Xbox LIVE this Wednesday 13th June at 09:00 GMT. So it’s not long now until we can return to ancient Persia to battle it out with the evil Vizier Jaffar and his sword wielding men [and those pesky spikes! – Ed].
Today we have had some further details and a feature list dropped in our inbox so read on to find out more.
In Ubisoft’s “Prince of Persia Classic,” gamers take on the role of the prince as he embarks on a mission to rescue the princess before she has to wed the wicked Jaffar – all of which must be accomplished in under 60 minutes! Jumping across platforms and avoiding traps, the prince must collect bottles of potions to keep his power bar charged as he duels enemies on his way to the princess.
Originally developed by Jordan Mechner, “Prince of Persia” broke molds and made waves when it launched for the PC in 1989. By using hours of live footage of his younger brother running and jumping and a technique called ‘rotoscoping’, Mechner achieved a natural sense of movement, which was widely perceived as a great leap forward in the quality of animation seen in computer games. Additionally, Mechner utilized intense sword fighting action vs. the widely popular use of projectile weapons in video games at the time. With clever puzzles and deadly traps, the original “Prince of Persia” influenced a rich sub-genre of games were sprawling non-scrolling levels and fluid animation became the norm.
- Enhanced character designs, animations and visuals
- New traps, puzzles and enemies to tackle further augment the classic experience
- 12 Achievements will be available, ranging from the simple (finding the sword in the first level) to the near impossible (finding all the potions in the game or finishing the game without dying)!
- The title will feature 3 different leader boards:
- Normal Mode: Complete the game as fast as possible, which saves at the end of each level
- Time Attach Mode: Complete the game as fast as possible – but be prepared to start from the beginning if you fail to save the Princess in under 60 minutes
- Survival Mode: Complete the entire game in under 60 minutes – without dying
Prince of Persia Classic is rated 16+ and will cost you heart warming 800 MS points. So that means you have enough money spare to get your self a fancy turban and some baggy slacks to make you feel at home when playing the game this Wednesday.