343 Industries has released a flood [see what I did there] of new information on Halo 4’s latest new mode, Flood.
This multiplayer mode is akin to ‘Infection Mode’ seen in previous installments and will support up to 10 players tasked with spreading a disease if you will throughout the game. This was of course all formed thanks to the fan-made Zombie mode seen in Halo 2 all those years ago.
“We went through several iterations of tuning settings, mostly around getting the Flood to feel right in the sandbox and making the Flood experience noticeably different than the Survivor experience,” 343says. “To ensure the Flood’s gameplay had a unique feel, we honed in on the following elements:
- The Flood Character Model – A unique character model for both first and third-person.
- The Claw – A special melee weapon tuned just for the Flood.
- Flood Armor Effect – A special effect that trails behind Flood characters.
- Flood Screen Effect – A first-person screen effect that shows the haunted view of a Flood.
- Dynamic Music – When playing as the Flood or final Survivor, dynamic music plays in the background to intensify the experience.
- Flood Gameplay Tuning – Flood move faster, react differently to bullets, and have specially tuned armor abilities, the core of which is an enhanced Flood Thrust Pack.
- The Floodsassination – How could we not?!
Halo 4 will hit stores November 6th.