Plans to release Borderlands 2 downloadable content at retail have been confirmed by the game’s developer.
2K Games announced that Borderlands 2: Add-On Content Pack will release worldwide at retail on February 26th, 2013.
Available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the disc will feature “Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty” and “Mr Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage”.
In addition, the Add-On Content Pack will allow players to:
• Play as a fifth character: Gaige, the Mechromancer;
• Fight challenging enemies in the Creature Slaughter Dome battle arena and earn Mad Moxxi’s rare rocket launcher;
• Unlock unique weapons including the Gearbox Gun Pack and Skyrocket Grenade;
• Customize each character with additional heads and skins;
• Receive a Golden Key to unlock rare loot from the golden chest in Sanctuary.
Buyers will require a copy of Borderlands 2 to play the content.