Wipeout HD Details Fly In
We can’t wait for the day that Wipeout hits our screens in full HD glory. The game will be released later this year on the PlayStation Store. We are promised a “remix” of tracks from all the previous versions of the game from Wipeout on PS1 through to the recent upcoming Wipeout Pulse. Still, tracks asside there will be plenty more to get our teeth into if Sony’s recent info on the game is anything to go by. Not only will we be seeing improved HD visuals, the PS Store title will also have some newly added key features, below is a list of what’s coming:
- SIXAXIS support – “Wipeout HD provides full support of the SIXAXIS wireless controller.” Tilt-ready racing, perhaps?
- Mag-Strips – From the upcoming Wipeout Pulse game on PSP, this feature allows players to defy gravity through tracks that feature loops, vertical drops, and 90 degree sections.
- Teams – Like any Wipeout game, this iteration features eight teams from Wipeout Pulse.
- Seven Race Modes, including Zone – Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap, Zone Mode, Elimination and Head-2-Head. Zone Mode, from Wipeout Pure, will make your craft go progressively faster throughout a race until your ship explodes. It’s one of the best additions to the franchise in recent memory.
- Three New Weapons – The Repulser, Shuriken and Leach Beam.
- Photo Mode – Like Wipeout Pulse, players will be able to take screenshots from within the game.
- 8 Eight Player Online Multiplayer – With “Team vs Team” mode, which allows teams of two to compete in larger races.
- Community Website – Lets players create their own profiles and see stats and data for other players.
- Downloadable Content – The game will continue to expand through more downloadable packs.
- Music – Nine fully-licensed music tracks, remixed in 5.1.
Check out some newly release screens on the game over in our PS3 Media Section.
We’re keeping a close eye on this one and we will let you know any more information on Wipeout HD as soon as it swoops into our inbox. Let us know below if you too are looking forward to Wipeout HD and what you’d like to see in the game on its release or via future online updates.