This Week’s Arcade Title is…
News has flown out of the inter tubes of this week’s upcoming Xbox LIVE Arcade title. This week sees the release of Asteroids & Asteroids Deluxe. Details follow and hit our media area for a whole ton of screenshots on the game.
Two of the all-time classic arcade games come to Xbox LIVE Arcade in Asteroids & Asteroids Deluxe, a combo of intense action where players must save earth from a deadly bombardment of asteroids. The full historic game is available in its original form, along with a completely re-stylized version featuring evolved graphics.
- The original Asteroids: Released in 1979 by Atari, the simple black and white game was a masterpiece of vector graphics game design, and had millions of arcadegoers entranced by its simple mechanic of controlling a spaceship firing at and destroying asteroids.
- The release of Asteroids Deluxe: The sequel to the original, released in 1980, Asteroids Deluxe featured the same classic gameplay but added a new shield feature and dangerous satellite enemies. Play both the original and its sequel in all of its classic old-school style.
- Next-gen evolution: But now, both games have evolved. Support is provided for both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios, including HDTV. Full-screen anti-aliasing and Dolby Digital surround sound complete the gaming experience.
- Throttle Monkey mode: Both game versions come with a high-speed version known as Throttle Monkey. Can you survive?
- Achievements and leaderboards: Twelve new achievements for you to earn, and new leaderboards to conquer. Show your friends who is the master at Asteroids & Asteroids Deluxe.
- Cost 400 MS Points
This Wednesday there will also be new downloadable content for Bomberman LIVE. For more details head on over to Xbox.com.