The Shadow of Aten Announced!
Silicon Garage Arts today announced that they are currently working on a new Xbox 360 console exclusive game. The game takes place in Egypt and promises players a world with nonstop action and mystery.
Read the full press release below:
The Shadow of Aten is a 3D Action/Adventure multiplatform game in which the player assumes the role of a new hero, Allan Scott, an attractive and enigmatic adventurer who will go deep into the fascinating and mysterious world of
The Shadow of Aten is based in the attractive and ambiguous environment of Egypt in the 1930s, a decade full of mysteries, precious treasures and hidden dangers. An elaborate plot based on real facts about the worship of the God Aten, the first monotheism of mankind.
The videogame will have non-stop action, suspense, mystery and provide a high degree of entertainment whilst also providing an indepth knowledge of ancient Egypt. The game passes through enigmatic and amazing scenes of the city of Cairo, exotic and attractive locations such as the valley of the Kings situated amongst the tombs of the pharaohs, the Fayum oasis with its palm tree lined forests and terrifying caves with unknown destinies.
The product is created for the players expecting something extra from a videogame, because of that it adds a multimedia library about the culture and way of life in ancient Egypt and a documental dvd with information related to
the videogames story.
The extra materials are endorsed and sponsored by the History Channel and the Louvre both organizations of high impact.
This project has special characteristics never seen before in a videogame of the genre, it adds varied game workings and several mini-games combined with a involving plot and setting a high quality of art and technique, in which there is a great feeling of freedom of movement.
1. The fights are made in an adventure movie style, there are no rules, anything goes, every available object is a potencial weapon i.e: bottles,
chairs, sticks e.t.c.
2. An involving and original plot with many characters, villains, amazing enemies and strange guides who immerse the player in an epic adventure set in
Egypt in 1936.
3. Impossible jumps, terrifying climbs and unstoppable progression
through exotic sceneries.
4. Several gameplay styles perfectly integrated within the main plot, infiltration, action, platforms, puzzles…
5. Explore huge maps of Cairo city, Fayum oasis, the city of Luxor with its temple or the valley of the kings with total freedom of movement and many missions to complete.
6. There will be several mini-games like hair-raising car chases, trucks and camels, shooters or street games.
7. Ultimate generation graphics.
8. 50 hours of playing time to resolve the primary and secondary missions that can be completed in either order.
9. High quality engine cinematics.
10. The player can choose from various types of vehicles from trucks to motorbikes and from cars to camels.