The Coalition details Gears of War: Ultimate Edition tweaks
The Coalition is set to make a number of tweaks to Gears of War: Ultimate Edition before its launch next month.
The fixes and improvements are being made following feedback from participants in the open beta, which ran from Monday, June 15th, 2015 to Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015.
A summary of the tweaks was posted on Xbox Wire:
- Multiple fixes and tuning for the Gnasher Shotgun
- Multiple fixes for Frag Grenades, Boomshot, and Torque Bow
- Tuning for footstep audio and other sounds around a player
- King of the Hill improvements, including ability for The Coalition to adjust more settings for competitive play
- Removed active down from Active Reloaded Longshot sniper rifle and added/tuned active bonus for sniper bloom/aim.
- Bug fixes and tuning for skill-based matchmaking
- Tuned red/blue colours for team shaders (Locust/COG)
- Improved look of blood and gore in gameplay
- Improved game performance to reduce screen tearing
- Bug fixes and tuning for Controller Sensitivity Settings
- Various bug fixes on maps, weapons, matchmaking, audio, and controls.
Last week, The Coalition revealed beta testers racked up over 41 million kills, among other statistics.
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition launches for the Xbox One on Tuesday, August 25th, 2015.