PS3 System Software version 2.50 released today
The PlayStation 3 System Software version 2.50 is now available to download. But what can you expect? Most notable features include; Flash 9 content supported on the Internet Browser, an improved Trophy interface and the in-game screenshot capture tool. Here’s the full list.
PS3 System Software version 2.50
– Improved Official Bluetooth Headset wireless headset support, including an on-screen indicator that shows volume, battery charge, and mute functions.
– Bluetooth Headset Wireless headset High Quality (HQ) mode, which utilises advanced wireless technologies and the headset’s dual-microphone design to enable clear and wide-band wireless voice communication with PS3 system.
– An in-game screenshot capture tool – titles that support the feature will be announced in the future.
– PS3 Trophies user interface enhancement – When players acquire a Trophy, the in-game notification will now include the specific Trophy icon created by the developer, while more intuitive options for comparing Trophies with friends have been added, including an icon to represent each Trophy level.
– Video – Video scene search functionality will provide thumbnails to help you find a particular scene in a video more easily.
– Information Board – The Information Board will be able to include direct links to PlayStation Store, making it easier for PS3 owners to download content that they read about on the Information Board.
– Power save – PS3 owners will have the option to automatically shut-off their console or controllers after pre-selected periods of inactivity.
– Flash 9 content becomes supported on the Internet Browser.
Will you be making use of the in-game screenshot tool? What would you like to see in future version updates? Let us know by leaving a comment below!