Pool Nation FX surpasses 2.5 million sales; patch released
Pool Nation FXhas been downloaded 2.5 million times in the space of three months, with the title surpassing the one million downloads barrier after just four days.
The pool simulator launched as a “Games with Gold” title on Wednesday, April 1st, 2015, meaning it was available for free to anyone with an Xbox Live Gold membership.
Gemma Jessop, a spokesperson for Cherry Pop Games, told Eurogamer: “I would like to say that we make a fortune out of it but we won’t be driving around in Ferraris any time soon.
“However, the awareness is second to none. It was a great opportunity for an indie. As for all indies these days, it’s hard to even get your head above the crowds with a small team and a limited budget. But working with Microsoft all that worry is taken away – you know you will get noticed.”
The impressive figure was announced alongside the latest patch notes for the title, which can be found below.
- Improved loading times throughout
- Improved, more stable frame rate. Solid 60fps
- Improved balls (Shinier)
- Updated menu design
- New, prettier, less intrusive HUD
- Local avatars
- Can now purchase in game money
- Various room and table visual improvements
- Various stability fixes.
- In Friendly games, the host is now returned to the lobby if the client disconnects.
- Tables are now colour coded depending on the League you are in.
- Fixed cash exploit
- ‘Waiting for opponent’ message now displayed if waiting for their connection
- Various crash fixes
- Smoother cue and ball movement when viewing opponents turn.
- The power bar has returned! Its opacity/visibility can be changed in settings.
- Cue ball no longer sticks to other balls/cushions when moving
- New ball marker displayed when you have ball in hand
- Aiming aid now stays visible when moving ball
- Aiming aid is now the same colour as the balls in Endurance.
- Fixed physics bug where balls would roll outside the table as if it was still on the table.
- New snooker Career!
- Snooker balls updated so graphics on them are larger/clearer
- Cue is no longer forced up at sides of snooker table near cushions
- Aiming aid now turns red if you aim at illegal ball
- You can now forfeit frames if opponent gets too far ahead.
- Various snooker rule fixes.
- Fixed bug where balls could get stuck in pockets, making the game un-finishable.
- Fixed bug where Player 1 would always break.
- Fixed delay at start of snooker game.