Microsoft Announces E3 Marketplace Content
For the first time ever, Xbox brings E3 — the biggest video game event of the year — to the people, by inviting the world to engage in the full Xbox Live experience free for an entire week.
From 8th May at 08:01 GMT until Monday 15th May at 07:59 GMT, connected gamers can access the best of E3 content, including the first-ever Gears of War high-definition game trailer on Xbox Live Marketplace, the playable demo of Capcom’s Lost – Planet: Extreme Condition, and Game with Fame multiplayer sessions live from the floor with celebrities like Dave Navarro (Panic Channel), Method Man and Jenny McCarthy.
During E3 week, Xbox 360 fans will be able to download game demos and trailers from the hottest E3 titles and experience them in high definition. Over 60 pieces of new downloadable content will be available to gamers this week including:
- Playable game demos and/or trailers from highly anticipated titles like:
Test Drive: Unlimited (Atari)
Moto GPTM ’06 (THQ)
Crackdown (Microsoft Game Studios)
Dead or Alive® : Xtreme 2 (Tecmo)
The Lord of the Rings TM, The Battle for Middle EarthTM II (EA Los Angeles)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Capcom)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
Splinter Cell: Double Agent TM (Ubisoft)
Viva PiÃ±ata (Microsoft Game Studios)
Plus a flood of HD trailers from games that have yet to be announced
- Call of Duty®2 — New Multiplayer Map Packs (Activision)
- The release of UNO on Xbox Live Arcade
- Game with Fame celebrity gaming sessions with stars like Jenny McCarthy, Method Man and Panic Channel (Featuring Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins, Chris Chaney and Steve Isaacs).
- Play and Win contests with the latest Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade titles
- Exclusive high-definition blockbuster movie trailer downloads
- Limited edition E3 Gamerpics and Themes
- A Backstage Pass to see developers preparing for E3
E3 couldn’t come any quicker for us Xbox 360 owners.