GT5 receives an update
The next time you boot up your PlayStation 3 console to play Gran Turismo 5 you’ll be greeted with a whopping 600+MB update taking the game to version 1.05. While this update is pretty big it does contain some decent changes like online race rewards. Take a look for yourself…
- Seasonal Events:[Seasonal Events] have been added to the [GT Mode] – [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team.In these events, all participants are under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. Compete on the leader boards with players around the world, in Time Trials and Drift Trials!
- Online Collector’s Dealership:An [Online Collector’s Dealership] has been added to the left and centre of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare cars.You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealership].
- Online Race Rewards and Experience:When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points.Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].
- Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races:The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage].Here the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].
- Improved Rewards:The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011.)This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.
- Race Information Display:It is now possible to set the [Race Info Display] in [Start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also set this in [Race Display] in [Options]).
- Save Data Backup:You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].
- User BGM (Menu):From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio Settings], it is now possible to set the [User BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be set from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).
- Car Name Change: The official name of “Red Bull X1″ has been changed to the “Red Bull X2010″.
- Integration with the Website:The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the “gran-turismo.com” official website.
- [Important Note:]We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was contained here from before the update has been reset.
Is there anything that you think still needs to be patched? Share your thoughts in the comments below…