Gears Goodies Coming On Emergence Day
Brace yourself for some very good news indeed. Gears of War, arguably the most anticipated Xbox 360 title so far, has gone gold. Development is over and all that’s left is for the game to be put on those shiny DVD’s, boxed and shipped to retailers worldwide. To celebrate the news, Microsoft have announced a number of special one off events for Emergence Day.
At 12.01am on November 12th, the following events will begin:
- A 24 hour leaderboard tournament. The tournament winner receives a one of a kind Gears of War branded guitar as well as an automatic bye to the finals of a global Gears of War tournament planned for 2007.
- Hourly sweepstakes drawings and prize giveaways including the chance to win one of several Samsung HT-P29 Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound Systems.
- An exclusive Gears of War gamerpic and theme only available on Emergence Day.
- Game with Fame sessions with legendary heavy metal band and Gears of War fans Megadeath, the game’s lead designer Cliff Bleszinski and other members of the Epic Games team.
- Never before seen videos including a special Emergence Day transmission from Cliff Bleszinski.
- An MTV Gears of War: The Road to Launch sneak preview
Whether these same events will be taking place during Emergence Day in Europe (November 17th fact fans) is unknown.
Staying with Gears of War, Gamerscore Blog have taken the time to clear up some confusion about the game’s US release date. The game will be shipping to retailers on November 7th and will be appearing in some stores on November 8th.
Originally Written By: Scott Webber