Demo: Hour of Victory
A demo for Midway’s venture into the World War 2 FPS genre has been released on to Xbox LIVE Marketplace tonight. Weighing in at a little shy under 1Gb it will be your chance to taste Hour of Victory and its approach to an already tired WW2 genre. Developers N-FUSION promise us a different angle in Hour of Victory to your standard WW2 FPS, we’ll leave that up to you to decided if this claim is true or not.
Sneak into enemy territory as a Covert Operative, storm the gates as a British Commando, or snipe from afar as an Army Ranger. Each character’s unique attributes will be needed to complete your overall objective. Only with these skills working closely together, will you be able to say that you helped define the Hour of Victory.
Full Game Features:
- Fight your way with 3 playable characters: Choose from a Covert Operative specializing in stealth and sabotage, a British Commando specializing in the guns-blazing frontal assault, or an Army Ranger who specializes in sniping and demolitions.
- Three enormous campaigns with multiple objectives: Play the North Africa, Black Forest, and Berlin campaigns. Each campaign has various objectives that the player can accomplish at his own pace and in his own style.
- Steal it, drive it, shoot it: Any intact vehicle on the battlefield can be entered and driven, including the U.S. Army Jeep, Axis Kubelwagen, and even Sherman and Tiger tanks.
- Deadly, authentic weapons: A full suite of Allied and Axis weaponry is available for the player to pick up and use.
- Build your skills: Players become more proficient with different weapons and tactics the more they use them. The Covert Operative will get better at sneaking and using the knife, for example, while the Commando will improve with heavy weapons and at driving.
- WII as you’ve never seen it before: Advanced dynamic shadowing, normal mapping, volumetric atmospheric simulation, and an advanced material composition system simulate the real world as closely as possible. And the use of High Dynamic Range lighting provides the ultimate model of human vision.
With every man and his dog now moving on to Modern warfare, has Hour of Victory appeared too late for the party? Why not give the Demo a try and let us know your views to that question by leaving your responses below.