Criterion Fills Burnout: Paradise Potholes
Criterion Games have today posted details of an upcoming patch for top-racer Burnout: Paradise. In a feature on their official website, they mention the top ten important reported problems which have now been fixed. In no particular order, they are:
– PS3 game can crash when a player is taken down and the player that has performed the Takedown leaves the game.
– The game indefinitely displays “Connecting to Paradise City Servers” if it’s having problems pinging the rebroadcast server.
– Disconnecting the controller before a race begins can mean that race timings can be manipulated with players who didn’t cross the line first being awarded the win
– Repeatedly joining and leaving a game with 8 players can cause the game to hang.
– Hammering the A (360) or X (PS3) after unlocking a car can cause the game to hang.
– East Crawford and Watt St achievements cannot be achieved if the player goes online and sets road rules before attempting them.
– Audio distortion when using 5.1 / DTS and looking rearwards.
– Enhanced 360 streaming performance stops instances where the game seems to pause for a second or so.
– Total time driven in player stats would stick at 145 hours
– VoIP connection problems with 8 player games.
As well as fixing the above problems, here are some of the enhancements which will improve the game experience:
– We’re going to be running road rule timers in all events and online challenges.
– Tuning Online Takedown logic & physical behaviour to iron out instances where it doesn’t feel fair.
– Increase online race timer timeout so players have a greater chance of finishing the race.
– Fix drifting bug when drifting and boosting there wasn’t any real control on the brake so players would grind around the walls of the corners. Getting better control.
– Boost fix, stabbing the boost has too much of a jerky behaviour in the car handling.
– Surround sound fix – Centre speaker was 4dB louder, ruining the mix and the speech has now been positioned correctly.
– Tweak Marked Man gameplay AI, was easy to exploit by driving in reverse.
– Increase the # of search results returned for online games.
– Increase Picture Paradise timer so it doesn’t kick in so quickly.
And last but not least, here’s “other high priority issues being fixed”:
– Some online race start points face the players in the wrong direction
– Instances where Barrel rolls were not registering correctly in Stunt Run
– Instances in Stunt Run where players would crash but not wreck & score multipliers by driving away
– Fixed instances where the counting of Boost Chains would drop out
– Some instances where Revenge Rivalries desync & don’t get fixed until players are updated online.
– Some instance where the Host couldn’t change the game access if the game was created through an invite.
– Achievements, Awards and Challenges numbers sometimes not updated if the player didn’t leave the game cleanly
– Online challenge issues where the challenge couldn’t be completed if it was started at the exact time that a player left the game.
– Incorrect rivalry updates when European players played against English or Japanese players. Online connection issues
– Force timeout if the 360 gets stuck on “Connecting to Paradise City Servers” – NAT error
– Rich presence on 360 didn’t change correctly when there is a change in the game parameters.
– Instances where Friends were not being displayed on the mini map.
Criterion Games also left a little note at the bottom telling us to “look out in the near future for more details on future updates and [their] plans for DLC.” Stay tuned to Console Monster for those details and plans!