Arcade: Band of Bugs this Wednesday
This Xbox LIVE Wednesday Arcade sees the arrival of the tactical, insect-infested combat game Band of Bugs! Don’t let their tiny size fool you, because these bugs are armed to the teeth, ready to take your orders and spring into action. Band of Bugs will be available for download on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 from Wednesday 20th June at 09.00 GMT.
The third Xbox LIVE Arcade title from NinjaBee, Band of Bugs builds on the success of their previous titles, Outpost Kaloki X and Cloning Clyde, and delivers quality game play in a unique setting.
Band of Bugs is a strategic diversion for fans of tactical game play, while the unique animations and environments in the game make it a fun, approachable title for newcomers as well. Band of Bugs is one of few turn-based tactical strategy games available on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Players will enjoy unlimited variety in their game play choices with Xbox LIVE Arcade’s first ever free built-in level editor, which they can use to create custom maps and play with friends over Xbox LIVE.
- Choose to play through a story-based campaign, stand-alone missions or skirmishes
- Story-based campaign: Action and adventure in a single-player campaign story. Follow the adventures of young Maal as he leads an elite team of bug warriors to protect the kingdom from evil insect enemies.
- Stand-alone missions: Try your hand at one of these unique single-level scenarios. These short battles include a background story, unique events and custom goals.
- Skirmish: Test your skills on a variety of individual maps, including custom maps designed by the player with the in-game editor. Select a game type (Elimination, Capture, or Escape) and choose to control any party in the battle to demonstrate your superior tactical skill.
- Four unique multiplayer modes for up to 4 players either locally or over Xbox LIVE, including:
- Elimination: The first team to lose all the bugs in one party loses the battle
- Capture: Capture (or defend) a strong point
- Escape: Reach an escape point, or stop the enemy from reaching it
- Mission: A unique scenario with custom story, events, and goals
- Challenge friends to Spider Hunter, a more relaxed game that allows up to 8 people to join and leave on the fly!
- Use the games’ built-in level editor to design your own custom scenarios for play against others over Xbox LIVE (a first for an Xbox LIVE Arcade game!)
- Xbox LIVE Vision camera support in all Xbox LIVE multiplayer modes
- Mystery leaderboard where players earn points for items they are not told about – Players can check the board and figure out what will help them get to the top of the leaderboard
- Earn up to 200 Gamerscore and 12 Achievements
- 800 MS Points